The Gambling Commission is currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to fill the role of Director of Compliance - Operations. This position will be based in Birmingham, West Midlands, with hybrid working options available. As the Director of Compliance - Operations, you will be responsible for leading the Compliance function of the Gambling Commission, overseeing, monitoring, and raising standards of compliance across the gambling industry.
The Director of Compliance - Operations will play a crucial role in developing, coordinating, and delivering the Commission's business plans. You will also be responsible for maintaining control of budgets for Compliance and the wider Operations function. Additionally, you will be expected to translate complex information and requirements into effective and impactful papers, proposals, and presentations for the Executive and Board, driving decisions, change, and improvement.
- Evaluate and anticipate trends in the gambling industry to inform the Commission's understanding of the industry and shape compliance activities.
- Contribute to the corporate leadership of the organization, leading cross-organizational initiatives, representing senior management in engagements with the recognized trade union, handling HR casework, and investigating complaints against the Commission.
- Initiate and develop links and partnerships with other regulators, regional and national bodies, and private/public/voluntary sector organizations to achieve the Commission's objectives.
- Provide stakeholder management, effectively communicating at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Lead and develop people, acting as a development manager and leader of key workstream teams.
This is a hybrid role, and therefore, there will be a requirement to attend the Birmingham office.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Compliance - Operations role will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience in quality assuring/auditing a compliance function.
- Strategic management experience, maintaining the right balance between performance, productivity, efficiency, customer service, and quality.
- Successful leadership of large teams in a transformational environment.
- Ability to maintain and create productive stakeholder relationships at a senior level, both internally and externally.
- Project and change management experience.
In addition to the salary of £85,000 per annum, the Gambling Commission offers the following benefits:
- Civil Service Pension, with an employer contribution rate of 27%.
- Flexible and hybrid working options, subject to guidelines agreed with the line manager.
- 26 days of holiday, rising to 29 days after 2 years of service, with the option to buy up to five extra days of annual leave.
Joining the Gambling Commission means becoming a part of a certified Great Place to Work that values work-life balance, inclusivity, and is committed to helping employees reach their full potential. The organization offers flexible working arrangements, understands how employees work best, and provides real opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Things You Need to Know:
Selection Process Details:
The closing date for applications is 2nd July 2023. To apply for the role, please visit our careers website.
Successful candidates must undergo a criminal record check, and those working with government assets must complete baseline personnel security standard checks.
This job is open to UK nationals, Commonwealth countries' nationals with the right to work in the UK, nationals of the Republic of Ireland, nationals from the EU, EEA, or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status, relevant EU